Wednesday, August 20, 2014

"I can't begin to imagine the depth of cultural, political and economic understanding I will leave this program with."

Maame Akua Kome-Mensah
Ghana

It is just so much to take in!

I had extremely high expectations of the program, and so far what I have experienced has greatly surpassed them! I have met extremely intelligent people who are tremendously successful in their fields, and I have rubbed brains with some of the most vibrant and funniest teenagers. It is cool how we are all completely relaxed but at the same time extremely focused.

I have discovered a lot about Yale through interactions with the YYAS staff and their love for the institution is evident in the stories they share with us.

I can't begin to imagine the depth of cultural, political and economic understanding I will leave this program with.