Thursday, March 28, 2019

Wishing I Could Relive YYAS- Asma Nabil

My name is Asmaa Nabil. I am from Egypt. I took part in the Yale Young African Scholars Program in Ghana at Tema International School last year!

I was surfing the internet when I first learnt about YYAS program as a program held by YALE University. As I curiously started my application and got to learn more about the program, I was amazed by the content and the way it’s conducted. I decided to apply to the program, and I was accepted. It was really a great feeling when I saw the acceptance mail by chance while downloading some materials.
At YYAS, meeting new people and making incredible friends meant so much as I was able to share my perspective and ideas with peers from all over Africa. I also had the opportunity to learn from my friends about their different educational systems, cultures, and languages. YYAS provided a very safe, sustainable, and conducive learning environment for all.


It was at YYAS that I gained so much knowledge on different topics such as ethics of leadership and the importance of working together to embrace diversity, as well as other interesting topics and discussions that were covered during the seminars.

The unique system we followed during the program enabled all of us to reach our goals for attending the program. The chance to express yourself and your opinion built a great relationship between instructors, participants and professors. Another amazing thing about the discussion sessions was that it was taught by Yale student instructors.

Looking at my calendar, it’s really hard to believe that months have rolled by since I returned from this prestigious program. The memories of the session are still very fresh in my mind. It seems like I was at TIS just yesterday! It will be very hard to forget the inspiring nature of YYAS program. Truly, if anything is worth reliving everything, it would be the YYAS program!