Thursday, March 10, 2016

My YYAS Experience

Applying to the YYAS program was one of the best decisions I have ever made. All the different lectures and seminars really changed my perspectives on a lot of concepts and issues, and some even forced me to rethink my preset goals and aspirations. It was an intellectually meaningful experience to be able to attend lectures by renowned Yale professors and individuals who were great experts in their fields. Another thing I truly value about the YYAS experience is the community. I got to meet an amazing group of people who came from all over Africa. I became educated in the lives and cultures of each one of my peers. I made a lot of friends, some of which I'm still in contact with. I also gained a lot of insight into the college application process. You'll find there is always someone who will gladly help you with any questions you may have. It is with sincere confidence that I say the experience was formative and very valuable, and I strongly encourage everyone to apply.