Thursday, December 17, 2015

My Zimbabwe Trip


This past October, I had the great fortune to travel around Zimbabwe talking to students about applying to YYAS. I got to travel with staff and 3 recipients of the Joshua Nkomo Scholarship from Higherlife Foundation. We travelled to 14 schools in 4 different regions and talked to hundreds of students about the opportunities available through the Nkomo Scholars Program and YYAS. Along the way I ran into 4 of our YYAS alumni, who helped me immensely by speaking about their experiences in the program this past summer. So wonderful getting to you again!

Audrey Ruzvidzo and I at Mufakose 1 in Harare    
Thank you for your help Audrey!    


Presentation at Pamushana High School    

Takudzwa Caitano, presenting on YYAS at his school Marist Brothers Nyanga    

Thanks for your presentation Takudzwa!    

Panashe Trish Sivindani presenting at her school St. David’s Bonda    

Thank you for speaking Trish!    

With Linos Chipakwe at St. Faith’s